October 21, 2016,
Did you happen to see Donald Trump speak at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner this last Thursday night? Wow. The white-tie gala was held on October 20, 2016 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York and was broadcast on the cable news networks. With Hillary Clinton and the Archbishop of New York, Cardinal Tim Dolan, sitting just a few feet away and the celebrity media and other high society luminaries held captive: Trump spoke and it was like lighting a match in a leaking gas refinery. It was like watching the tsunami hit Japan, Indonesia and Fukushima all at once. It was like Gloria Steinem inviting Andrew Dice Clay to address her “womyn’s only” book club. Or perhaps, more accurately, it was like Rosie O’Donnell in the waiting room of her gynecologist only to see Andy Kauffman walk out donning a white Lab coat, with an enema pump in hand and wearing prophylactic rubber gloves ready to give her the treatment.
The Al Smith dinner is held towards the end of the election season every four years and is considered a light-hearted affair where the presidential candidates make nice with each other for an evening, raise some money for Catholic charities, tell a few self-deprecating jokes and a lob a few mild zingers at their opponent. The New York Times said the event is usually a “ritual of levity and feigned warmth”, but not this time. It did start out that way, however. Trump got up to speak and first threw out a few mild quips like these:
- “Just before taking the dais, Hillary accidentally bumped into me and she very civilly said, ‘Pardon me.’ And I very politely replied, ‘Let me talk to you about that after I get into office.'”
- “The media is even more biased this year than ever before. You want the proof? Michelle Obama gives a speech, and everyone loves it. It’s fantastic. They think she is absolutely fantastic. My wife, Melania, gives the exact same speech and people get on her case.”
Then, in a surprise way, the Donald pulled out the long knives and went straight for the jugular as the crowd started booing. He said:
- “Hillary is so corrupt, she got kicked off the Watergate Commission. How corrupt do you have to be to get kicked off the Watergate Commission? Pretty corrupt. Hillary is, and has been, in politics since the 70s. What’s her pitch? The economy is busted? The government’s corrupt? Washington is failing? “Vote for me. I’ve been working on these problems for 30 years. I can fix it”, she says.”
- I wasn’t really sure if Hillary was going to be here tonight, because I guess you didn’t send her invitation by email. Or, maybe, you did and she just found out about it through the wonder of WikiLeaks.
- We’ve learned so much from WikiLeaks. For example, Hillary believes that it’s vital to deceive the people by having one public policy and a totally different policy in private. For example, here she is tonight, in public, pretending not to hate Catholics.
- Now some of you haven’t noticed, Hillary isn’t laughing as much as the rest of us. That’s because she knows the jokes. And all of the jokes were given to her in advance of the dinner by Donna Brazile.
- Which is – everyone knows, of course, Hillary’s belief that it takes a village, which only makes sense after all in places like Haiti, where she’s taken a number of them.
- “According to her sworn testimony, Hillary has forgotten more things than most of us will ever know,”
- We can also agree on the need to stand up to anti-Catholic bias, to defend religious liberty and to create a culture that celebrates life.
Even Trump’s last line above, while sounding rather innocuous, seemed to show his desire to smack Hillary, her supporters, Islamic sympathizers and the pro-abortion crowd right square in the mouth. When Trump was done speaking, Fox News cut back to Megyn Kelly who breathlessly exclaimed: “An extraordinary event… WOW! It was an unusual sight for how it usually goes down”. On MSNBC, it seemed Rachel Maddow and her guests couldn’t quite believe what they just saw. Obviously, in 2016, much had changed since Romney chided Obama at the Al Smith dinner about “So little time, so much to redistribute” and “If you got a church, you didn’t build that” or Obama telling John McCain it’s “nice to sit down together without any preconditions” as a blithe reference to the Maverick’s objection to Obama’s willingness to meet with Iran’s then President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
Yes, it appears much is different during this election cycle. If the history of the Al Smith dinner has typically been one of carefree jocularity and jest, self-deprecating jokes and gentle chides, obviously, this time, Trump crossed the line. Al Smith V, the great-great-grandclone and namesake of the original Alfred E. Smith, agrees. The next day Smith the Vth told CNN that Trump “crossed the line and took it a little too far”. So the question remains, why did Trump do it? Perhaps it was a line that needed to be crossed. There is a saying that goes something like this:
“He who smiles at a liar, discredits himself”
This means when Romney was yucking it up with Obama at the 2012 dinner, it only gave credibility to another treasonous, radical leftist. Play time is over. When Trump said he would not unconditionally commit to accepting the outcome of the election during the third and final presidential debate on October 19, 2016, he, in effect, threw down the gauntlet. Just like when Julius Caesar uttered the famous phrase “alea iacta est” or, “the die is cast”, as his army crossed the shallow Rubicon river on the way to Rome, so is Trump. There is no going back now.
Like King David standing before the giant Goliath in the Valley of Elah, Trump has made his stand before the Establishment. Like a dragon slayer wielding veracity as a sword, he speaks truth to power and with a torch he is chasing the rats from the infested dwellings. By keeping the entire country “in suspense” regarding the outcome of the election, he is forcing the body politic to face the undeniable possibility of voter fraud being committed by the globalists. For those who claim modern elections are fair and balanced, consider the 2012 election where Mitt Romney did not get one vote in 59 Philadelphia voting divisions. Not even one.
Moreover, with Diebald voting machines, illegal election tampering as recently revealed by Project Veritias and the fact that Hillary Clinton supporter, and Dark Lord, George Soros, is potentially placing voting machines in 16 key states via a company named Smartmatic whose chairman sits on the Soros funded Open Society Foundations; why would Trump NOT want to keep all of his options on the table?
Yes, Trump laid it all on the line during the final 2016 presidential debate. If he loses, and his loss is determined to be delivered by voter fraud, then America is toast anyway; he might as well tear it all down and paint it black. Or even if Trump outplays the global elite and wins the election, the power brokers and elite bankers will still control the Federal Reserve and the Deep State War Machine. This means they can pull the economic and WW III plugs and flush America down the drain faster than Al Roker gambling on a fart and losing at the White House.
Even with a Trump win, the pre-planned and forthcoming financial armageddon will allow the Powers That Be to place their Hershey-squirted briefs onto the collective butts of the wild-eyed nationalist movements that are behind both Trump and Brexit. At the same time, however, the greedy, wicked, power craving and mammon lusting dead eyed souls in their secretive meeting rooms and candlelit cavernous dungeons must know that Trump might, just might, call them out play by play every step of the way, all the way down into the certain hell of the Orwellian nightmare that awaits us all.
Even if the Harpy wins, the same demonic destiny will be delivered except Russia will be blamed and the global ghouls will be provided protective political cover from the bully puppet, I mean bully pulpit.
Either way, no matter what happens; the dark powers just might be forced to stop the Trump train with a bullet in his brain, poison on his pastrami or child porn on his printer. Otherwise, it’s possible the Orange One will grab them all by their throats and their wives by their genitals, like Andy Kaufman wrestling a fat woman. Sure, everyone thought Trump was joke at first. But now, they realize this is really happening. It’s no laughing matter. It’s not funny anymore.